Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Condom Technique


It's 3 AM on a summer night the board has a new patient and the complaint is condom.

I walk into the room and introduce myself to an African American Female who is 25 years old with apparently no psychiatric issues.

Me: "How can I help you?"
Her: "It's stuck up there"
Me: "What is stuck up there?"
Her: "The condom you idiot"
Me: "Did you try to get it out?"
Her: "I don't know how"
Me: "Well I'll show you"

Place gloves on.

Me: "I prefer the finger approach although some of my colleagues consider me old-fashioned for this"

Finds condom immediately pulls out and throws away.

Me: "The nurse will grab your discharge instructions.  Try to remember the maneuver"

1 comment:

  1. Hi James, I'm a researcher for a TV show about ER Doctors. I'd love to chat with you about some stories you might have. Can you email me at sbynoe@untolder.com?

    ReplyDelete